lördag 27 april 2013

"I was pooping!"

Iannis the french guy said this thursday night, in an unusually french accent. We were watching Firefly, and I've become quite the fan. We played basketball, just about everyone was awful, but absolutely no one cared. It was so much fun. AND I got off work early that day. Not quite worth getting up at 4, but still, it's something. Then last night, parties, trying to learn how to tie an Eldregde Knot, will keep working on that. Partying, and I as usual lent people ties. Most were returned without hassle, except the last one. When I got it back the day after, I got it from someone I'd not known had worn it. So, it has been around at LEAST 6 necks that night, and between one person's teeth. People here know how to party.

Anyway, on to the important stuff today! The kibbutz organized a trip, so it's the first time I've been outside the kibbutz since I got here.
 On the bus there, I had an hour to kill, and realised we usually had an amazing view, and could see far, far into the distance. It's not as good as Ireland in that respect, but it's still been oh so lovely.
 Beit Shearim, a wealthy person's house, from about the 2nd century BC. It's been speculated that it belonged to Rabbi Yehuda Hannasi, the person responsible for writing down the Mishna, the second most important jewish document. It's a gathering of all of the oral tradition from his time, stories told from father to son over generations, all the way back from Moses, I think.
 Just Windzer, Swedish Daniel, Pernilla and Philip chilling by the ruins. Philip's leaving soon, sadly enough. I'll miss the naughtybottom.
 The entrance to the Necropolis, where they buried all the dead from Beit Shearim, not much more to say about this part. It was interesting just walking around, looking at all the sarcofagi.
 Interesting carvings on one of the sarcofagi, the guide couldn't tell me what it was, but it was interesting nonetheless.
 Amanidav, the guide, posing next to a replica of the Menorah carved into the wall in the largest part of the Necropolis. One of the few times he wasn't currently telling us anything interesting.
 Nicolai and his interesting hairstyle posing during lunch. He's still trying to creep me out from time to time, and failing miserably. For lunch, it was nothing fancy, just the basics - bread and hummus. The most important parts of any israeli meal. Any further questions about this, I'll answer gladly. In the morning. I need to sleep now, though. Bye! :D

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar