tisdag 7 maj 2013

I can't be racist, I play basketball!

A war's started between Syria and Israel. Apparently, Israeli fighters flew in Lebanese airspace and bombed a weapons transport in Syria. Missile defenses have been moved north, and Liora has told us that the bombshelter must be prepared to be used at any given time. I've not noticed a thing, except heard about it on the news. Still, it is a bit alarming, even though Kibbutz Bar'am is not really a high-priority target (unless they want a fuckton of apples).

Anyway! On to the better parts of this - working out in the orchards is great. Sure, you start at 5, and have to get up at 4, but you are finished by 2. It's really nice, and time flies by until breakfast, when like half the day is finished. Coworkers are nice, apparently Windzer loves my topics of discussion, and we can just talk about whatever, unlike the apple factory where it's all too loud. We've gotten new volunteers, Lilly from Ecuador and Camille from France. They seem like nice people, can't wait to get to know them.

We've played basketball, was a ton of fun. Lilly appears to be awesome. Hurt my ankle, though, so today I've been resting instead of sporting all afternoon. It's been really nice. Also, I'm being interviewed by a newspaper on thursday, they're looking for 2nd generation kibbutzniks, and it appears I'm the only one around here. Will be interesting, to say the least. Ah well, now I'm off to party for a short time before I have to sleep... Bye for now! :D

1 kommentar: