fredag 17 maj 2013

"Oh Alex, you're so silky smooth! It's creeping me out!"

I've heard better compliments, but... Yes. It was Callin who commented, at the pool, which has finally opened. It's so nice there, shining sun, perfect temperature, good friends. Today was a good day, all in all. I even got to sleep in, didn't have to wake up until 5 today. And then I only had to actually work in the orchards for 2 hours. So nice. What more has happened? Right, Shavuot. Fairly big thing, just not that big around here. It's a harvest holiday, and the day Moses got the 10 commandments on mount Sinai, according to the stories. It was really nice, free pizza, popcorn, cake and of course good company. The volunteers had a stall with a small game for the kids - match countries with their flag and how you say hello in their language. At the end of the day, 3 kids and about a dozen adults had played, and faired equally well.  Yesterday was a good day at the orchards, then we got home, relaxed, people left, then we watched some of A Good Day To Die Hard, but soon lost interest.

It's been odd, watching people leave like that. People I've gotten to know since I got here, and miss now. Chung, Zinnia, Liisa and Suzan. Camille and Vilde are off too, as are Helga and Lasse. Lots of people are missing, and more will leave soon. By now, I have to realise I am a veteran, and it sucks when people leave. But we'll always have the memories, at least. On the plus side, we've gotten more new people - Luck [Luke] from the Netherlands, and Mike from Manchester. They seem like nice people. Well, I have people to rub up against, things to do, ties to tie, so I'll be off now. Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar