lördag 11 maj 2013

Getting to know the new french girl, 10 minutes later, I need a pubic wig. And a dress.

Thursday was the first time in quite some time I've just gone for a run. Swedish Daniel convinced me, 3 kilometers around the kibbutz is pretty nice. Needed something to do. 5 people are down touristing around the Dead Sea, 2 people are off in Tel Aviv, and by then, 6 people were in Haifa, and 8 people were off to the festival nearby. So few people left here on friday, and half those that were were hungover. So on my freeday, I worked down in the orchards. 6 hours, not too bad, but no one I knew besides Chung there, so I couldn't talk as much as usual. At the party in the evening, I got to know the new girl better though. Wilde, norwegian girl, seems pretty nice, and as most people on the first party night, she got really drunk. Of course, all the nice volunteers here made sure she made her way back to the volunteer buildings nice and safe. I also got an unintentional music tip (because of one of the girls, I started thinking about "Underwear" by Royal Republic, for no particular reason) and then, we unintentionally named someone else "Master of penes" (yes, that is the plural of penis. I checked.), but she's currently only the local champion. Don't ask me how it happened.

Today, we went hiking to Mount Meron, the highest mountain within the official borders of Israel. 11 people, used to be 15, but then hangover happened. Anyway, it was great once we started walking.
Martin, Lily, Nicolai, Jacob, Camille, Wilde, Jelena, Callin, Pernilla and Christopher, just before the hike started.
 And here everyone is at the top, after we'd conquered the mountain. Good lunch that Martin had carried all the way for us, and just 2 minutes later, it started pissing down. Not for long, but still, unexpected.
 Enjoying the view...
 It's so lovely, almost always great views. Except when we went through the forested parts, and Nicolai walked in front of me.
 Marting looking badass on the top.
 Nicolai ruining the moment...
You can see so far from the summit, it's just... Amazing. The mountain didn't look that high from the bottom.

Then we got back, thanks to Eliran, awesome person. We didn't do much for the rest of the day. I made french toast with Martin and Camille, then we and a few other people watched Zero Dark Thirty, the story about finding Osama Bin Ladin. Interesting film. Now, sleep, have to lead the new volunteers to the Orchards in the morning. :P

1 kommentar:

  1. Sometimes, I wonder if i should worry about what my firstborn is doing when not picking apricots, but then I think, naaaaah.
    Is there a mistress of penes as well?

    SvaraRadera