lördag 18 maj 2013

That sudden realisation when you've not been wearing underwear for 8 hours.

Yesterday was really nice. I realised I shouldn't always blog that early, since things happened afterwards. Not much to say about the rest of the day since you had to be there, but partied until 4 in the morning. It was great. But I realised I dance about as well as a drunk moose locked in a fridge if I'm supposed to be dancing with someone. Then I slept for 4 hours and went on a hike.
 We got out of the main gate, and then got back in through the back gate, which took us about 3 hours. We started as 13, but Amal and Charlie got ahead, and Nicolai hitchhiked the last part of the trip. It took him about 30 seconds in a car, so it was the shortest hitchhike to date here.
 Wonderful nature around here, and it was really hot too. By the end of the hike, my shirt was soaked through. Also, given away in the picture here, I am not responsible for many pictures today. Tami is. Blame her.
 We kept to the road the last bit, but before that, only dirt roads.
 Group picture! Mike and Luck are to the right in the image.
 And this is Luck currently not admiring the beautiful view.
 An old watchtower, where you can see for miles, it was wonderful. Especially good was to take a break there, you get tired and thirsty like that here.
 Seems Tami is quite the photographer, unexpected photo, given the view, but I like it.
EVERYTHING IS GREEN AND PRETTY.
And Tami deciding that in the middle of the road is the best place for a break.

When we finally made it back, we were just too late for lunch, but took some anyway, everyone were starving. Then we went to the pool, and spent the afternoon there. We needed that. After that, I made french toast, using 2 whole loaves of bread. The people present then now love my french toast. Given that it's Shabbat, and dining doesn't have any proper food then, it felt right. I ate that, and pretty much just vegetables. While eating in the common room, we watched Insidious. It was flippin' terrifying. I highly recommend it. All in all, it was a good day today. But now I need to sleep, I am back in the orchards tomorrow. Tata!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar