lördag 20 juli 2013

The beginning of the end

I have less than 2 weeks left here, and it just feels really strange. I currently have the room to myself, since my roommate is at her boyfriend's place. Woo, no-pants-zone! So what has happened since last time? I have gotten a new roommate, obviously. Alice, from the US. On her first night here, I introduced her to a guy who would later go on to become her boyfriend. She was single for 3 days here. That's a new record right there. The member she's with right now (as in, I won't see her again until he goes back to his military base), Eliran, is a really cool guy, and they fit so well together. Me, his brother, and my old roommate set them up.

And Alice gave me a haircut, which is nice. I now look like Ringo Starr except right after work, when my hair's always a sweaty mess. Mainly due to my awesome australian (made in china) hat I wear there. I can't believe I only have 2 days there left... Then I only have freedays until I leave.

Hmm... We have some new volunteers, 2 irish people, that seem really nice. Eda and Emma.

Other than that... We went rafting on the Jordan River, all the people at my workplace. A dozen all in all, on 4 different rafts. It took maybe 4 hours, and it was awesome. So much fun. Talking, and laughing... No cameras, though. Everything got soaked.

Michael, the australian, turned 25 today. Yesterday we had his surprise birthday party, cake and champagne and everything. Went splendidly.

And the pub's finally opened again. After 2 months of it being closed, it's back in business, and it looks great. People were wild - more than twice the usual crowd dancing, everyone having a good time, and now, in the aftermath, rumors are flowing free around the kibbutz. Who did what with whom? Will we ever know for sure?



(Yes. It was all really obvious who got together with who.)








(Me and Esteban. In the bathroom. Hazmat suits needed.)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar